Question by UhOh Penguin!: Ores can be formed by__________ magma. A. heating B. burning C. cooling D. foliated 2. As?
. Ores can be formed by__________ magma.
2. As magma cools, __________ metallic minerals sink and accumulate at the bottom of the magma chamber to form an ore deposit.
3. Some ores are formed by __________.
A. contact metamorphism
C. surface mining
4. The movement of __________ helps to form ore deposits.
A. the sun
D. the moon
5. Veins of ores and minerals can form in a small region and deposit a __________.
D. calcium deposit
6. During contact metamorphism, ores form when __________.
A. magma changes the composition of surrounding rock
B. moving water breaks down rock
C. dense minerals sink within cooling magma
D. minerals become concentrated on the ocean floor
7. Which of these describes a way to conserve fossil fuels?
A. Use sandstone instead of granite.
B. Use coal instead of natural gas.
C. Leave the lights on in the house at all times.
D. Wash only full loads of laundry.
8. The process by which ores are formed when hot magma meets existing rock and changes the rock’s composition is called ________.
B. placer deposits
D. contact metamorphism
9. Coal deposits are formed by __________.
A. buried microorganisms in prehistoric oceans
B. fluids moving through impermeable rock
C. carbonization of plant remains
D. burning hydrocarbons
10. A fossil fuel formed by the remains of prehistoric organisms in shallow oceans and lakes is __________.
11. Petroleum forms in permeable rock due to __________.
A. heat and pressure from layers of sediment
B. the folding of Earth’s crust
D. the burning of hydrocarbons
12. Gold can be found in placer deposits formed as a result of __________ concentrating gold fragments together in stream beds.
C. moving water
D. hot magma
13. Making sure your home __________ is one way to conserve energy.
A. is not insulated
B. is well insulated
C. is air conditioned
D. uses more water than necessary
14. Using natural resources wisely is called __________.
15. What is the process of using materials more than once?
16. How can minerals be conserved?
A. recycle them
B. use renewable minerals
C. use as much as possible
D. Both a and b
17. What materials can be recycled to conserve resources?
D. all of the above
18. Recycling uses __________ energy than it takes to manufacture new resources.
C. about the same
D. all of the above
19. By __________ the amount of energy you use every day, fossil fuels can be conserved.
B. slightly increasing
D. None of the above
20. In what way can you reduce the amount of driving you may do, thereby conserving resources?
A. Ride a bike when possible
B. Take a new job that is farther than your last job
C. Join a carpool
D. Both a and c
21. Why is “going green” important?
A. It will help Earth’s natural resources last longer.
B. It is just a gimmick that won’t make any difference at all.
C. It will bring increased awareness to resource conservation.
D. Both a and c
22. If people keep using natural resources at the same rate they are today, our resources will __________.
A. eventually be completely gone
B. hold steady for a very long time
C. not experience too much of a decrease
D. stabilize and not cause any problems in the future
23. People need to conserve natural resources because __________.
A. none of the natural resources are very useful to our growing population
B. natural resources are being used faster than they are being replenished
C. we will run out of all resources in three years if we don’t conserve
D. both b and c
24. Which of these contributes to air pollution?
C. Fossil fuel use
25. What is the process of returning mined land to its original condition?
Answer by Agena
2. C. dense
3.A. contact metamorphism
4. C. water
5. B. lode
6. A. magma changes the composition of surrounding rock
7. D. Wash only full loads of laundry.
8. D. contact metamorphism
9. C. carbonization of plant remains
10. A. petroleum
11.A. heat and pressure from layers of sediment
12. C. moving water
13. B. is well insulatedU
14. C. conservation
15. C. recycling
16. A. recycle them
17. D. all of the above
18. A. less
20.D. Both a and c
21.D. Both a and c
22.A. eventually be completely gone
23.B. natural resources are being used faster than they are being replenished
24.C. Fossil fuel use
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Give your answer to this question below!